We are sponsoring this contest to assist bars and clubs in bringing in patrons over the slower summer season. Week to week this will not bring in substantially larger crowds unless the bar works internally to promote the contest and staff it, however if run properly the Club Championship Round” should recoup more than the entire contest cost in one night. Remember all of your qualified singers are instructed to bring in every one they know to support them and audience vote will count as one judge vote and will be used to break any ties, so this is crucial to the singers success. Proper staffing, strategic pricing, and promotion of specials / promos at your location and a cover charge or minimum purchase requirement will help you to insure you make the most of the night. We recommend $3 cover or a $5 per person minimum at your “Club Championship Round”. Since we are keeping this at the lowest affordable level for you, we must impose some terms for participation in the program.
Payments for Competition is $300. Preferred payments are via PayPal or checks made out to PJ and Tha Tank LLC.
This $300 gets you into a contest and provides you with the below items to help your contest be the best it be for your patrons. Contest will run for 8 to 10 weeks so that each venue has at least 8 contestants to run the club finals.
Each Club should also provide a prize to 2nd place a $50 gift certificate to the venue, and 3rd place should also be given a $25 gift certificate.
Also provide Az Karaoke Alliance with the name and contact information for your karaoke company and the night you would like the contest to be held on each week. If you have multiple nights of karaoke pick the night that is slowest.
Each club receives:
1. Listing on the club participants page on the following sites www.azkaraokealliance.com, www.arizonakaraokecontest.com, and Phoenixkaraokecontest.com until completion of contest
A. Individual page for your club on the site to list specials, etc. – You need to send us what you want added. Including bar specials etc that will be happening during the night of the show. If you can provide us with at least 10 pictures we can create a video advertising the contest.
I. If you would like more advertisement videos to be made for your venue please have your karaoke company take pictures at your shows during the contest and send us the pictures (at least 10) and the videos can be made weekly advertising your contest and venue. This will be an added cost of $100 for the cost to pay for the time that it takes to create the videos.
2. Contest Package for Karaoke Host and Company to use for tracking of the contest.
A. Contest Sign Up sheets for weekly contest night : including all legal release and participation requirements for the signers to sign up for contest.
B. Contest Score Sheets for Judging during weekly shows and at the Venue Championship round.
C. Voting sheets for bar championship round for the singers family and friends that come out and support them they will be required to provide either a valid email or phone #. These will be required for votes to count in finals as crowd vote counts as 1 vote to determine who will represent your venue in the State finals.
D. 2 posters will be provided advertising the contest. An email copy can also be provided so that you can print more.
E. A Banner can be provided advertising the contest if your city allows you to place banners outside, or if you would like to advertise it inside your venue with the banner. These can be provided at a cost of $20 if you are interested please let us know.
3. A post will be made daily on Az Karaoke Alliance facebook page as well as several karaoke groups and twitter advising of the days that the contest will be going on and the venues that have the contest going on.
Entry process at bottom of page
$100 of the payment is actually to be used as the gift card prize for the winner of paying clubs “Club Championship Round”, so we are actually only collecting $200 for inclusion of the contest and $100 to be used as your club championship prize. ($420 if videos and banner are requested) From that $200 remaining the cost for State Finals will be taken, as well as all costs for AZ Karaoke Alliance to run this contest.
By making payment via PayPal Payment link or via check or cash is acknowledgment that all terms and conditions have been read and are agreed to.
Payments are not refundable for any reason, other than AZ Karaoke Alliance failing to complete entire contest cycle including State Championship to be held by the end of September. Which means the venue agree to continue to have karaoke at their venue until the contest is completed. If contest is not completed due to events out of our control refunds will not be issued. Az Karaoke Alliance is not responsible for bring patrons into the venue only for providing advertising and documents needed for the karaoke company to host the contest.
Clubs are responsible for advertising the contest on their websites and facebook pages and twitter accounts if they have them as well to help promote contest. Their karaoke company is responsible to do the same.
On site advertising and addition of page for club will be completed within 7 calendar days of making payment. We will notify club if payments fail and they will have 5 days to correct or all show listings and all promotions will be removed after that period of time with no refunds of past payments.
All non PayPal payments are due at office of PJ and Tha Tank LLC (DBA Az Karaoke Alliance) at 7620 E Mckellips Rd #415 Scottsdale AZ 85257 or given to your karaoke company who can provide them to the above mentioned in a timely manor. An email with links to the listings on the site will be sent to venue.
All weekly winner should be emailed to us so that they can be posted on the sites and facebook etc.
All contestant sheets and emails collected must be sent to our offices no later than 2 days after each weekly round. You can also scan them and email them to email@example.com each week.
All photos, emails and contact info taken during every round of this contest will be the property of AZ Karaoke Alliance. All items received will be used for promotional purposes. All contestant participation sheets also list this term to cover the establishment and Az Karaoke Alliance.
Club Championship Round” – We recommend stepping things up for this event.
1. Staffing – Have extra bar staff and extra servers on hand, at least at beginning of night to make sure you can sell as much food and beverages as possible.
2. We will provide one judge for every location, who will also be taking photos and video to submit on our various internet pages, as well as coordinating collection of ballots, tabulating score sheets and supervising judges. We can provide you with other judges but we must be made aware that you need extra judges at least 7 days prior to your club final. – Every judge we provide is to be given a certificate for a meal of their choice from your menu ($15 limit) and a free refillable drink. We want them to be able to choose a meal and have water, coke, coffee, soft drinks, etc all evening without having to pay out of pocket. If they choose to buy any alcoholic beverages, that is their choice, but not covered and they must pay for those. If we only provide the one judge you will need to provide at least 2 more judges. We recommend that you give each of your judges the same program, but that is up to you. Judges are responsible for any costs outside the meal and non-alcoholic beverages.
3. Offer some enticing specials to get people going, but make sure you are making a profit on them. Do not offer a loss leader as they are already coming in to your location, however something that gets them interested in partying and having a good time is a huge benefit for you. We recommend offering a mixed special, like a large mug beer or pitcher with an appetizer for $9.99. Totally up to you, but once again, we want you to make money and be able to provide enough servers that everyone gets served smoothly.
4. Plan on a long night… Once again, we want you to make money on this evening. It will be at normal Karaoke time and we will run the contest in 2 rounds and try to keep as much synergy as we can. We hope to announce the winner no sooner than 30 minutes prior to closing time. Make sure you and your staff understands that this is designed to keep patrons in your location and give you opportunities to not only make some money, but to impress patrons who have never been there with your products and services, so that they might come back.
5. The judge we provide for your final will get all of your sign up forms, ballots, etc collected and get all the data back to us, so you do not need to worry with any of that after your final is over. We will post the winner, and photos within 3 days of your final and all attendees will receive links and announcements after each club final.
STATE FINALS DATE AND LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED AT A LATER POINT
The finals will be determined by a drawing, which will be done out of all of the venues that show interest in holding the finals at their location.
The below requirements need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Venue capacity – since this is a large event with the finishers from all the bars as well as their friends and family supporting them
2. Fire safety plan
3. Wait Staff plan for the event. It is advised that you either charge a cover or charge a table minimum to insure that your venue is making money that night.
4. Specials that will be offered the night of the finals. So that people will know what to expect that night.
5. A Friday or Saturday Night at the end of August to Middle of September that your venue will be willing to hold this event. Even if your normal karaoke night is not Friday or Saturday we find that it is best to run the finals on a night that everyone can come out and bring support. The Finals will be hosted by a Starz Karaoke Host to be determined based on the night and the location of the finals. If this is your normal karaoke night it will have to be replaced with this event.